Business, Community, Connect
Closed and cancelled
In an effort to curb the spread of the coronavirus there has been a blitz of shutdowns both statewide and locally. Beginning at 11pm on Monday, restaurants and bars in Salt Lake County have halted all sit-down service, indoors and out.
Yesterday, March 17, the Utah Department of Health issued a similar halt, excepting curbside take-out, drive-through food service and delivery. Where possible, online and telephonic credit card transactions are strongly encouraged. In the same decree, the state also issued a prohibition on gatherings of more than 10 people, excepting grocery stores. The order will be evaluated on April 1.
CATALYST has compiled a list of current cancellations and postponements:
- All Salt Lake County senior centers: Until further notice.
- All Salt Lake County recreation centers: Until further notice.
- All Salt Lake County libraries: Through March 30 (Events cancelled through April 19).
- Utah Pride Center: Through March 31.
- Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter: Through April 8.
- Ij and Jeanne Wagner Jewish Community Center: Through March 30.
- Salt Palace Convention Center: Until further notice.
- Mountain America Expo Center: Until further notice.
- Natural History Museum: Through May 8th.
- Utah Museum of Fine Arts: Through April
- Utah Museum of Contemporary Art: Through March 27 (Public programming postponed through April 17).
- Urban Arts Gallery: Until further notice.
- The equestrian center: Until further notice.
- The Discovery Gateway Children’s Museum: Until further notice.
- The Clark Planetarium: Until further notice.
- Red Butte Garden: Until further notice.
- Hogle Zoo: Until further notice.
- Dinosaur National Monument: Quarry Exhibit Hall and Quarry Visitor Center closed until further notice.
- Utah State Parks: Will remain open, though some events are cancelled.
- Concert venues, auditoriums and theatres
- State Room and Commonwealth Room: Until further notice.
- Abravanel Hall: Until further notice.
- The Capitol Theatre: Until further notice.
- The Eccles Theater: Until further notice.
- Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center: Until further notice.
- Harman Theatre: Until further notice.
- Urban Lounge: Through March 31.
- Repertory Dance Theatre: Through March 31.
- Utah Film Center Events: Through April 19.
- Broadway Center Cinemas and Tower Theatre: Through April 17.
- Brewvies Cinema Pub: Until further notice.
- Gore Auditorium and Westminster Events: Through March 27.
- Kingsbury Hall: Until further notice.
- The King’s English bookshop: Shortened hours and author events cancelled through March 31.
- Most yoga studios: Through March 27.
- Urban Indian Center weekly market: Until further notice.
- Rio Grande Winter Market: March 21st cancelled, future dates to be evaluated.
- Utah Symphony: All performances through March.
- Utah Opera: All performances through March.
- Salt Lake Acting Company: “Four Women Talking About the Man Under the Sheet” is postponed until May or June.
- Hale Center Theatre: “Strictly Ballroom: The Musical” and “Bright Star” are postponed until March 31.
- Plan-B Theatre: “The Audacity” is postponed to an unannounced date.
- Repertory Dance Theatre: All dance classes through March 3. “Ring Around the Rose” is cancelled.
- Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company: All public events through March 31.
- Park City Institute: March 21 concert by T Bone Burnett at the Eccles Center Theatre is postponed.
- Gem Faire: Cancelled.
- The Division of Wildlife Resources: Swan viewing, mountain goat viewing and turkey hunting events are cancelled.
This list will be continually reevaluated.