The planets continue to align in dynamic and turbulent patterns this week, and the regular routines of daily life reflect the astral intensity. Expect very little to be normal—as if normal exists anymore—and also anticipate moods to swing high and low as many of us struggle to maintain balance in the midst of these erratic rhythms. Some moments are sure to feel sluggish, if only because they require paying attention to the details. But other moments flash by at the speed of light, making it hard to remember exactly what happened. Try not to get stuck at either extreme—molasses or hyperspace. And while there is no “one size fits all” formula to insure safety from these extremes, mindfulness could prove a valuable tool, if only because it will keep you solidly in the moment.
Here’s the breakdown:
(1) Pluto Direct: On Monday, September 22, Pluto went direct, ending a retrograde phase that began in April, within moments of the fifth exact Uranus/Pluto square. Pluto does not make an exact contact with Uranus as it goes direct, but as it moves forward it will, of course, close in on the sixth exact Uranus square that occurs on December 15. Pluto stays direct until April 2015.
(2) The Jupiter/Uranus trine is exact tomorrow, September 25. This is a powerful positive interaction that almost guarantees an optimistic attitude. The problem is that it doesn’t necessarily differentiate what to be optimistic about. For some it is likely to manifest as old-fashioned good luck—a chance encounter that blossoms into a love affair, a new job, or a winning scratch-off ticket. Others might experience the influence of Jupiter/Uranus as heightened intuition or a deeper connection to spirit. Still more might find it easy to laugh and enjoy the company of others.
(3) That being said, the Moon opposes Uranus for most of today and tomorrow, adding an emotionally volatile touch. Try not to get too upset if no one agrees with your point of view, and just bide your time until the air is a little more settled—which won’t be anytime soon.
(4) Patience is key to handling the volatility, particularly by Monday, when the Sun moves into a square with Pluto and by Tuesday, into an opposition to Uranus. This configuration is the mother’s milk of revolution, and freedom fighters everywhere will feel the call to throw down. This need to break free is certain to be felt by many, groups and collective movements as well as individuals. On the negative end of the spectrum, it feeds the need to fight just for the sake of fighting; on the positive side, it provides the necessary fire to catalyze stagnation. A word of caution: it must be handled skillfully in order to ensure success. And to the Evolutionaries: Don’t despair and in your frustration resort to violence; true change requires a new paradigm, one that does no harm to anyone or anything.
(5) And there’s more: By the weekend, Mars begins to trine both Jupiter and Uranus, creating a Grand Trine in Fire. The Mars/Uranus trine is exact and separating on October 5; the Mars/Jupiter trine is exact and separating on October 8. As the next couple of weeks unfold, the best advice I can offer is: Watch out! Yes…I am offering really simple (and trite) advice because there is nothing subtle about this interaction. It is essentially positive, but it is also extremely powerful, and applied carelessly or impulsively to already volatile situations could be dangerous. Another reason why mindfulness is a potent remedy for the week.
(6) But that’s not all: Also on October 8—two weeks from today—there is a lunar eclipse that occurs in a conjunction to Uranus. I realize that’s two weeks away, but we tend to experience an eclipse effect as often as six weeks prior to the event or six weeks after, or when another transiting planet triggers the eclipse-sensitive point. During a lunar eclipse, practical concerns overshadow emotional ones, but given the volatility of the next several weeks, it won’t be easy holding back.
(7) Mercury goes retrograde on October 4 and stays that way until October 25. Remember the three-day retrograde rule, and if you haven’t backed up all your important information, don’t procrastinate. A week from today the interference will begin and backing up won’t be as easy.
As the coming weeks unfold, try to be clear and stay clear about how you want to handle the hotspots in your life. Also be clear about how you want to negotiate the nervous responses of others. Remember, when we take the time to respond rather than react, we also take the time to make a different choice, one that can be born from a desire for transformation.
Sun Bursts: If you know your Ascendant and/or your Moon Sign, read that, too.
Aries March 21-April 19
Avoid taking your partnerships, personal or professional, for granted. Because even though there are plenty of rough moments, it’s important for you to find a wholesome balance between your needs and the needs of others. Remember, relationship is really a verb—it’s not something you own or possess; it’s something you participate in.
Taurus April 20-May 20
Rather than polarize and assume a staunch position, soften and let go. A rigid stance will only exacerbate tension and keep you from making progress toward your goals—even if your goal is simply living a peaceful life. A flexible attitude and approach will afford you a multitude of opportunities to grow and transform.
Gemini May 21-June 21
Significant others, personal and professional, have good advice to offer, even if it is a little strident. Listen carefully to what’s being said; you may not agree with the style, presentation, or the obvious bias, but you’re certain to notice elements of truth in the substance of the message. Honor the courage and veracity of those you love even if you disagree.
Cancer June 22-July 22
The emphasis on opportunity continues, and the only obvious obstacles to your success are likely to be conflicts with significant others over how to spend your time. Even if it seems unnecessary, rather than assume that your partners understand and/or agree with your choices, take the time to discuss your decisions—everyone likes to be included.
Leo July 23-August 22
It won’t be possible to dim your innate charisma, so rather than waste a moment pretending to be less than you are, own this moment and be bold. Share your ideas, opinions, insights, and inspiration with anyone who will listen. And as I always remind you, just remember to listen to others with equal intensity and care.
Virgo August 23-September 22
You’re still drawing from the depth of your inner resources, and while a portion of that process may feel uncertain, don’t let doubt rule out a good idea. Yes, it is important to be practical, but it is equally important to avoid letting pragmatism diminish your potential by dimming or inhibiting your imagination.
Libra September 23-October 22
It’s your turn and your time to sing endless choruses of I gotta be me and I gotta be free. Just be careful not to cut the ties that bind on difficult relationships because it’s easier to walk away than to work it out. It will take time and patience to parse through the many ties that bind, but following the threads will reveal previously overlooked information.
Scorpio October 23-November 21
Work is not the problem, worry is—all sorts of worry, especially concerns about what was said and what wasn’t and if it’s too late to make amends. But here’s the thing: mulling over every little word isn’t going to soothe the situation. What will restore the peace is owning your feelings and figuring out a way to express them constructively.
Sagittarius November 22-December 21
The passion persists, and this week, the challenge is figuring out how to handle the heat without melting. Just remember as you ruminate on all your options that you don’t have to act on every impulse. There is plenty of time to figure out a course of action that will yield positive, lasting results on a variety of plans and projects.
Capricorn December 22-January 19
It’s a choice: Assume a strident leadership role and insist on having your way, or trust in a power greater than yourself to inspire a more generous approach. This may sound like a simple fix, but letting go of your need to control a specific outcome won’t be all that easy. Nevertheless, releasing the need to be in control will have immediate beneficial results.
Aquarius January 20-February 18
There isn’t anything to do—it is a relationship issue that requires very little additional input. You simply have to let what you have already put in motion unfold in its own time. And while that may not be easy to do, it will be well worth the effort, especially if you get to witness just how much you’ve grown and all that you’ve accomplished.
Pisces February 19-March 20
You can make strong tangible career gains if you’re willing to harness your ambitions and aim them at specific goals. If you’re not ambitious—and some of us are not—you can use this energy field to enhance your efforts to be of service. Either way, it’s a win/win situation for you and all concerned participants.
Ralfee Finn specializes in Transformational Astrology. For readings, call 1-888-937-9264, write P.O. Box 343, New York, NY 10025, visit AquariumAge.com, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2014 by Ralfee Finn