It would be wise to make “There’s something for everyone” your mantra this week—and while you’re at it, the next several weeks as well. The planets are busy changing direction, which means many might find it necessary to recalibrate plans and schedules. But more importantly, beneath this busy astral buzz the wild and the wacky continue to coalesce into the weird. A good attitude about other peoples’ choices, especially their emotional eccentricities and idiosyncratic behavior, is essential. Do not pass Go until you’ve located your anti-judgment pills.
If you can’t locate the antidote for hyper-judgmentalism, you’re sure to be at risk for a peculiar form of psychic indigestion from the ongoing barrage of surprising developments that occur all through September. It’s hard to digest and metabolize so many major shifts in such a short amount of time. And even though some of the plot twists are beneficial, managing positive events still requires a clear mind and a level head—something that won’t be all that easy to find, if only because most minds are already blown from the summer’s strange brew. As always, the best way through the coming weeks is a good internal compass that aligns to the best and highest good for you and your fellow travelers.
Three planets—Venus, Mercury, and Pluto—go direct, retrograde, and direct over the next three weeks, with two eclipses punctuating the change of astral air, and Saturn moving back into Sagittarius. (Yikes!) The ethers are sure to wobble from all this activity, and you’ll probably need a scorecard to track the action:
(1) On September 6, Venus goes direct in Leo, and as she moves forward, Venus forms a wide conjunction to Mars as well as a wide trine to Uranus. When Venus, the goddess of love and beauty, transits Leo, the Sign of romance and self-expression, many feel the urge to make dramatic declarations of love that seem to bubble up spontaneously in the moment. We can thank Uranus for that. And on September 10, as the Moon conjuncts Venus, heightened emotions are likely to spark any number of affaires de coeur. Embrace these romantic notions and let them ignite your enthusiasm. You don’t have to actually do anything other than feel the heat of the heart’s fire and allow that heat to feed body, mind, and spirit. Just remember the rule with Venus/Uranus contacts: Marry in haste, repent at leisure. Unless, of course, you’ve been wandering in the desert for 20 years without human contact and Uranus finally strikes that stagnation with a bolt of lightning and you find yourself falling in love—have at it.
Venus enters Virgo on October 8, and as she moves into a new phase, she forms another conjunction to the Moon. So those romantic notions aren’t going to dissipate any time soon. Be aware, as Venus prepares to go direct, daily life might seem slightly sluggish. Never mind—the days of any “course correction” always seem to resemble a time warp. Venus will be back to her normal rhythm by September 15.
(2) On September 17, Mercury goes retrograde, in Libra. Yes, I am jumping ahead, but yes, again, it’s back…the dreaded Mercury Retrograde, when all things related to communication, travel, and commerce seem to go slightly screwy. And because Libra often has a hard time making decisions—there are so many details to weigh—this retrograde could be devoted to sorting through the choices, Mercury “turns around” in a wide opposition to Uranus, which could cause technological disturbances of every kind. So back up your hard drives and your smart phones now, please, and then, back them up again just to be sure. It wouldn’t be wise to wait until the last minute.
(3) Also on September 17, Saturn leaves Scorpio and enters Sagittarius, where it will stay until December 2017. Much has been and will be predicted about Saturn’s transit of Sagittarius. Given the Sagittarius inclination toward excess, this transit could position Saturn as a stern taskmaster. But it is important to remember Sagittarius symbolizes global communication, which certainly includes the Internet and its infinite abundance of information, misinformation, and opinion. The transit of Saturn through Sagittarius might provide much-needed tools for navigating the limitless regions of cyberspace.
(4) A solar eclipse on September 13, at 20 degrees Virgo, is sure to set the world wobbling a little more than it already is. Eclipses, while completely predictable, seem to upset the “normal” flow of things (if there is such a thing anymore). During a solar eclipse, the Moon overshadows the Sun, and unconscious emotions override “rational” choices. (I’m sure Donald Trump thinks he is a rational choice—go figure!) An eclipse effect can be felt six weeks prior to the actual event as well as six weeks after. From a collective perspective, we’ll probably feel the effect through ecological concerns. From a personal point of view, this eclipse could call many people into service to a greater good.
(5) The lunar eclipse on September 27, with the Moon at 4 (nearly 5) degrees Aries, with the Sun, in Libra, at the same degrees promises to be more rambunctious. Here we are again at the Aries/Libra axis: the needs of the one versus the needs of the two. Relationship issues, particularly themes of personal freedom, are likely to be at the heart of this eclipse disruption.
(6) Pluto goes direct on September 25. It’s been retrograde since April 16, and now as it moves forward, we will be plowing through familiar and still unresolved issues. There will be more about Pluto in future columns, but for now it would be wise to consider that even though the exact squares between Uranus and Pluto have ended, these two change agents continue to dance quite close to each other for the next several months. And as they do, the issues of social justice will continue to ripple across the collective pond.
We are also entering the transition from one season to another, and even if you live in an urban environment, seemingly unaffected by that sort of shift, seasonal transitions still have a powerful effect. So pay attention to what you’re feeling and honor those feelings by giving yourself time to adjust, and also time to work your way through the multitude of changing patterns that will unfold over this week and the coming weeks. As always, try to honor the feelings and rhythms of others. We are all in this life together and the flux of personal and collective interactions work better when we remember our interconnectedness.
Sun Bursts: If you know your Ascendant and/or your Moon Sign, read that too.
Aries March 21-April 19
It’s all work, but that doesn’t mean you can’t play too. Use these next weeks to recalibrate plans and projects, and as you do, be sure to include time for fun and relaxation, whether that’s a party, a date, a movie, or just cuddling under the covers.
Taurus April 20-May 20
Set your inner and outer compass toward Joy, and make that your new true direction. Yes, there are issues of safety and security—there are always issues of survival. But as is proven everyday, happiness makes life much, much easier to navigate.
Gemini May 21-June 21
Expect to feel much more confortable at home than wandering around sampling different situations. Also anticipate that once you feel settled, you will find there is a lot more to talk about with friends and family than previously anticipated.
Cancer June 22-July 22
Be precise and clear about what you need and then share those concerns with those you love. You do not have to worry about rejection—so don’t hold back. Not every need is likely to be met, but the freedom to speak forthrightly from the heart will have long-lasting beneficial results.
Leo July 23-August 22
You can’t help but express yourself dynamically—and dramatically—so rather than wasting time and energy going against the flow, go with it. Be creative, visionary, and passionate about what it is you want to bring into being or how you want to care for what is already blossoming in your life.
Virgo August 23-September 22
Step into that great charismatic light that is continuing to shine right on you—you’re in your element and there is every reason to wear it well. Experiment with different personas. You don’t have to please anyone but yourself, so don’t let self-judgment inhibit your process of self-discovery.
Libra September 23-October 22
You’ve got a lot to say and most, if not all of it, is completely relevant and necessary. Share your opinions, hopes, dreams, and concerns, and don’t worry that voicing you deepest feelings will interfere with what’s already working. You’re simply expanding and improving your situation.
Scorpio October 23-November 21
It’s okay to be enthusiastic and excited about work, especially the many unexpected opportunities to flourish, as well as to be recognized for your expertise. So take a deep breath, roll up your sleeves, and embrace the possibilities and the potential to dial up renewed passion for what you do.
Sagittarius November 22-December 21
There’s no need to fret about Saturn’s impending entry into your Sign—fretting won’t hold the planets in place. Embrace this coming phase with curiosity coupled with the willingness to learn more about you, and your optimism will carry you through any rough patches.
Capricorn December 22-January 19
It’s a busy week with a ton of details to get sorted out, and it makes no difference whether those particulars are work-related or personal, they still need attention. Rely on your innate gift of discipline and organization to draw the loose ends together. You’ll be pleased if you do.
Aquarius January 20-February 18
Allow your internal world to inform your external choices—rely on your intuition, trust your gut, follow your hunches, or any other metaphor that gives you permission to have confidence in your experience and wisdom. Not every choice is likely to be perfect, but mistakes are often opportunities to grow.
Pisces February 19-March 20
Take a deep breath, and as you exhale, breathe out all the confusion about relationships, especially the what, where, and how of them but not necessarily the “who”—that comes later. First figure out what you want and need and the rest of the puzzle will fall into place.