The Aquarium Age: Jan. 9-15
A wiry planetary intensity underscores the first full week of 2013, and as its tinny hum works its way through the routines of daily life, nervous systems are apt to feel strained or unsettled. And because most of the astrology of the week tilts toward excess, many of us are likely to find ourselves making radical or extreme choices. For some, that tendency could reveal itself as a peculiar fascination with and/or participation in eccentric, even dangerous liaisons that override caution. For others, those fixations could produce strong emotional surges, and whether it’s fear or joy that drives the action, power struggles over strong attachments are certain. As you work your way through this astro-drama, remember to keep breathing, deeply, and as you do, be sure to keep one foot in front of the other. A step-by-step approach will be the best way to stay steady.
Several sources play key roles:
(1) Four planets – Venus, Pluto, Mercury, and the Sun – are conjunct in Capricorn, the down-to-earth Sign of the pragmatist. Conjunctions concentrate the qualities of the Sign they occupy, and Capricorn is well known for its no-nonsense approach to all varieties of concerns. So don’t be surprised if most of us seem to have a “just get to the point” attitude.
(2) Venus entered Capricorn on January 8, forming an immediate square to Uranus, which will be exact on January 12, and waning in its effect through January 16. Venus/Uranus contacts are infamous for sudden and unconventional attractions. Just be aware, irresistible magnetism can just as easily turn into repulsion when the Uranian intoxication wears off.
(3) As Venus, the goddess of love and beauty, separates from Uranus, she conjuncts Pluto. That intimate union is exact on January 16. Venus/Pluto unions stir compulsive yearnings that often morph into obsessive fantasies. Unfortunately, all too often those fixations have more to do with power plays than actual mutual attraction. Don’t be surprised if you or someone you love or someone you would like to love or someone who would like to love you feels the call of attraction. Just as the Venus/Uranus square promotes creativity, so does the Venus/Pluto conjunction. And if you’re not inclined toward extreme passions, the Venus/Uranus/Pluto configuration can also be channeled into creative endeavors that require unique and penetrating artistic aesthetics.
(4) Mercury is also in Capricorn, conjunct the Sun, an alliance that leans toward a subjective personal perspective and a mindset that identifies with its ideas and opinions, thinking there are no others.
(5) But that’s not all. The Moon enters Capricorn on January 10 and for the next two days excites the entire Capricorn concentration. A Capricorn Moon tends toward a solitary path, but this week isolation isn’t an option, and as the Moon illuminates the depth of the Venus/Uranus/Pluto interaction, deep emotions are sure to surface a desire for contact.
Because Uranus is really at the heart of this week’s wiry pulse, sleep patterns are likely to be disturbed. For those who thought nocturnal peace had returned, get ready to toss and turn. For those trying to manage daily routines, just try to take the week one day at a time.
If you know your Ascendant and/or your Moon Sign, read that, too.
Aries March 21-April 19
There is tremendous support for all sorts of endeavors, but particularly for creative efforts spent on enhancing your professional standing. Seize the moment, and you could distinguish yourself from the pack.
Taurus April 20-May 20
While certain aspects of your situation look like a money problem, what you’re facing is really a spiritual dilemma: How can you find a way to walk your talk and still make a profit?
Gemini May 21-June 21
Don’t be afraid of making unusual choices. Just be aware that you can always change your mind. Sometimes expanding the scope of our vision allows us to focus on a realistic plan that satisfies practical needs.
Cancer June 22-July 22
Relationship issues grab the spotlight, as you try to figure out how to juggle the needs of significant others with your own. While it may feel uncomfortable, taking a stand for yourself will yield positive results.
Leo July 23-August 22
You’re right, it is a work issue, but you aren’t a victim. Quite the contrary, especially if you choose to use your innate creativity to solve several major and minor problems.
Virgo August 23-September 22
Consider your choices, and try not to base your process on the things that could go wrong. A powerful potential for creative solutions supports your decision making process.
Libra September 23-October 22
Take a moment to consider why the charge is so strong and you are so adamant about your position. While it’s good to be certain, it’s also wise to acknowledge and when appropriate to honor the needs of others.
Scorpio October 23-November 21
It will be much easier to tell your truth than to hold back what you are really feeling. So be bold, and as you hold forth, remember that the truth will set you free.
Sagittarius November 22-December 21
Simply devote yourself to making money, and even if you don’t need more, then use this phase to figure out how to help others improve their finances.
Capricorn December 22-January 19
Consider the week an extreme makeover: Let go of what no longer fits, inside and out. Also try to update any systems in need of repair, again, internal or external.
Aquarius January 20-February 18
Give yourself permission to spend as much time as possible in quiet contemplation of your next step. You don’t have to make any decisions; all you have to do is think.
Pisces February 19-March 20
Make a commitment to greater participation in your community, and don’t worry about losing time. This isn’t about taking on more, as much as it is about being more present.
Ralfee Finn specializes in Transformational Astrology. For readings, call 1-888-937-9264, write P.O. Box 343, New York, NY 10025, visit AquariumAge.com, or e-mail Ralfee@AquariumAge.com. Copyright © 2013 by Ralfee Finn