If you have any ideas, or a desire to lend a helping hand, please fill in this form HERE.
As we approach CATALYST’s first time presenting Bee Festival 2018, on June 16 at the Wasatch Community Gardens Green Team Farm (622 W 100 S), we want to know what you want to see, and what you want to bring to the festival to make it the best Bee Fest yet!
For the last seven years, Slow Food Utah has been the main organization behind the Honeybee Festival, held previously at the Sorenson Unity Center. This year CATALYST will be collaborating, and have re-branded the festival to include all pollinators (bats, birds, all types of bees, hummingbirds, insects, etc.)
There will be a Volunteer Meeting on Wednesday, April 11 at 5pm at the CATALYST office, 140 S. McClelland St. Bring your enthusiasm and your ideas.
See the Facebook event page for the volunteer meeting here.
Sign up to be a volunteer here.
Are you a vendor, artisan, nonprofit, or local business that is tied to the interest of keeping our pollinator friends alive and well? We want to see you at the Bee Festival 2018. Sign up here.
PARTICIPANTS OF ALL TYPES:
Do any of these projects deem relevant to you?
- Pollinator-inspired arts & crafts
- Monarch butterflies
- Various types of hives (Langstroth, top-bar, skep, anything else?)
- Active hive that can travel
- Bats; bat houses
- Native bees
- Swarms / humane relocation of live bees
- Bee dancer / bee beard
- Pesticide education & alternatives
- Dandelions: things to make, eat and do with dandelions
- Growing mushrooms & ecological health
- Become a pollinator advocate (how to start a pollinator sanctuary at your school or church, engage in promoting organic gardening, lobby for pesticide-free parks, ask govt. for strong pollinator protections, ask your garden supply store to remove systemic insecticides from their store)
- Pollinator-friendly plants for your yard
- Honey tastings
- Honey-based bakery/sale
- Pollinator-related crafts to make & take home: beeswax candle, mason bee house, seed bombs, what else?
If so, please fill out this form. Thanks!